The Northern Colorado Regional Economic Development Initiative (NoCo REDI) won the Bronze Award for Excellence in Economic Development from the International Council on Economic Development.
According to a press release, the award recognizes partnerships, collaboration, data dissemination, communication and regional marketing initiatives among NoCo REDI partners in Weld and Larimer counties. The award was presented at the IEDC’s annual conference on October 5 in Nashville, Tennessee.
“The past year has highlighted our region’s ability to collect and disseminate information faster than ever before, providing salvage resources to our business community. This same spirit of collaboration remains strong across our network of business and economic development leaders as we seek to further commercialize and share the strengths of northern Colorado as a united front, ”said Rich Werner, CEO and president of Upstate Colorado, in a written statement.
NoCo REDI, which includes economic development representatives from most communities in northern Colorado, as well as Larimer and Weld counties, won the award in the regionalism and cross-border collaboration category. The NoCo REDI projects cited in the award were:
- Data Expert Team – A regional data team meets regularly to ensure regional data consistency and improve data availability, enabling rapid response to potential business information requests.
- Cluster Strategy Manual – An industry cluster analysis report and pull strategy has been created to achieve economic opportunity, job creation, economic resilience and workforce alignment.
- Coordinated Prospect Response – Northern Colorado and Larimer County economic and workforce development coordinate for a unique response to prospects from various sources through NoCo REDI, creating increased efficiency and consistency in execution of leads.
- Regional Profile – A regional profile highlighting northern Colorado as a prime area for business and industry growth was first released in 2020 and updated for 2021.
- Regional Marketing – The first regional marketing video, “Resilience Through The Pandemic,” has been released, highlighting the resilience of businesses in northern Colorado. The current video project will begin to highlight industry strengths defined by the Cluster Strategy Playbook.
The press release states that the IEDC Economic Development Excellence Awards recognize the world’s best economic development programs and partnerships, marketing materials and the most influential leaders of the year. The awards are judged by a panel of business and community developers, after a nomination process. The IEDC received over 500 submissions from four countries.